Hello, one and all…I know that I haven’t posted a book review in….*tries to mathematically calculate the time*…forever, but I have just been having too much fun with different book tags to feel motivated to write one. Sorry about that, but it just isn’t book review season for me.
Anyway, for you enjoyment (and greatly mine) comes a post where I whine about the misfortunes of being a reader. None of which will ever make me stop. 😂
1) You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Uh…idk, I usually just read what I feel like at the moment. I’m not always in the mood for historical fiction, nor am I always in the mood for fantasy. Not necessarily a good tactic for other things, but pertaining to reading, my mood system works well. 😉
2) You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Yes, I finish it! I’m not loving it…that’s a FAR cry from hating it!! I hate giving up on a book that still has the potential to be interesting.
3) The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I’ve actually never done a yearly reading challenge cause it puts too much pressure on me. Reading is something I do at my leisure…now whether or not that “leisure” activity is reading a book as if the world will end tomorrow and forget to eat, sleep, and drink and feel like crap the next day or read a chapter a day is all dependent on my mood.
Now I will pray that the grammar enthusiasts will not come for me in the comment section after that run-on sentence…😬
4) The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
How do I cope? I live my life with a tiny but persistent voice screaming in my head “THE BOOK COVERS OF YOUR FAVORITE SERIES ARE THE FARTHEST THING FROM MATCHING” and slowly loose my sanity by reading books at the speed of light causing me to loose sleep and write blog posts with atrocious run-on sentences and ALL CAPS!
I hate it. But I condemn my sanity until I am able to get them to match.
5) Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
*ahem* FaultinourStars *ahem*
I don’t like that book but I do agree that John Green is a good author…so…we all get along. And I don’t often rant about my hatred for a book. If I hate it, I hate it. End of story. But if I like it…everyone will wish I would shut up. Case in point: The Lord of the Rings.
Y’all know what I mean.
6) You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I hold it over my face and pull an expression that looks like I’m constipated and pray it will keep people away.
I pray REALLY hard!!
7) A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Here is the deal that nobody wants to hear but I am going to tell you anyway…I have a mind that is very closely related to a steel trap. 98% of the time I will remember. The other 2% consists of a LOT of tears frustration and rereads.
I will never intentionally skip a sequel. And if I do I ask for you all to unfollow me and report me to WordPress so I may be banished.
8) You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I once again pray that they have a dog. Because that is the PERFECT excuse!! “Oh, I WOULD let you borrow it, but I’m afraid the dog will tear it up.” Any other situation I freeze in fear, try to put on a non-petrified face, and half-heartedly say “maybe” just to get them to never ask again.
I’m sorry any book-borrowers of mine.
9) Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I just do other things until I feel in the mood again…
10) There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
*sigh* none….I beg for them around Christmas and my birthday. What? I am a penny pincher and try to satisfy myself with the library, thrift stores, and holidays.
11) After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Between….1 day to 8 months. Not proud, but I haven’t even finished my stack of Christmas books because I get distracted by library finds and such.
I found this tag at Paper Procrastinators and thought it looked so fun! Why it has 11 questions…idk…but it was a fun 11 questions.
I tag anyone else who wishes to do it too! And go check out her post, I was pretty entertained by it! She has a cool blog.
Anyway, thank you all for reading my tag! I hope you have a great day! God bless you!